Making the decision to sell your home is never an easy one. Regardless of the circumstances, this big step affects everyone in the family and is never taken lightly. If you’re at this crucial point, you should know that there are some big advantages to listing your home in an Arizona spring, over summer.
Listing in Spring
– You can leverage the huge influx of visitors to the Valley, drawn here by our amazing weather and long list of things to do (think golfing, car auctions, spring training, and all the other fun activities that create our booming tourism industry). Some of those visitors have such a wonderful time that they very easily picture themselves moving to Arizona permanently, and before you know it, are viewing your home!
– You will find it easier to showcase the light in your home, because you won’t have to worry about heat gain from leaving windows and blinds open. You can even consider taking down the solar screens so that the natural light is much better – especially if you have mountain views to showcase.
– Many Buyers give themselves a spring timeframe when it comes to a home search – because they want to be moving and settling over summer. This can be especially important for families with children, who focus on lessening the disruption of changing schools and schedules. So, the volume of Buyers on a deadline, looking for their dream home in spring, is something you can take advantage of.
– Have we said it enough? Weather, weather, weather! The benefits of the spring climate extend to both Buyers and Sellers. Everything is simply a more enjoyable experience when our temperatures are near-perfect.
Listing in Summer
– As the benefits of listing in spring have suggested, the challenges to listing in summer center around our desert environment. Unfortunately, your home is likely staying ‘closed up’ to avoid reaching brutal temperatures indoors. And this means that your property isn’t being highlighted – literally.
– Let’s say that you decide to open all the blinds and windows anyway, to showcase your home in brilliant sunlight. While that works well visually, this is going to be more expensive for you – in maintaining utilities to keep the property at a pleasant temperature for Buyers to walk through (especially if your home is vacant).
– Lastly, Buyers may find the timing tough – to find, purchase, and move into a home all during a summer break. The pressure of a tight deadline may work against, instead of for you.
In a nutshell, Arizona’s unique climate makes the spring an ‘easier’ time to list your home for sale. However, all of us at Desert Dimensions Properties knows that ultimately, the right time to list your home is simply when it’s best for you and your family to do so. Looking for more seasonal tips? Read Prepping Your Arizona Winter Home for Summer.
Every Seller’s story, and property, is unique and we’re ready for listing whenever you are, call us today to learn more – 480-270-5355.